13 steps to succeed in customer service
- Humour works in advertising
- Think about how to best service your customers
- Target the premium end of the market to achieve the margins to bankroll promotional and value-added offerings for general customer base
- Have a system for handling complaints
- Solve a consumer problem
- Think about how you can adapt products to suit changing market needs
- Do the thinking for your customers and then market your bright ideas to them
- Leverage off the publicity effect of dealing with high profile customers
- Be careful about being too narrowly focused with your customer base
- Don't be too dependent on one big customer. If you lose him or her you could be up 'you know what' creek without the proverbial paddle
- Analyse the special characteristics of the users of businesses you want as your customers
- If you serve big customers well, it can result in plenty of referral business
- Be dedicated to exceptional consumer service.
Important information: This content has been prepared without taking account of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular individual. It does not constitute formal advice. For this reason, any individual should, before acting, consider the appropriateness of the information, having regard to the individual’s objectives, financial situation and needs and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
Published on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010blog comments powered by Disqus