Dollar up from seven-week low
Published on: Monday, March 19, 2012
The Australian dollar dropped to a seven-week low on Thursday last week, but has since gained more than half a cent, thanks to increases in US equities late last week.
At 10am AEST this morning, the dollar was trading at 106.04 US cents. However, it is expected to fall following the release of Chinese housing data over the weekend.
New on Switzer
- Eat, love and pray for inflation! 26 Oct •
- 5 things you need to know today 26 Oct •
- Time to treat employers and employees like grown-ups 26 Oct •
- Is Healthscope a buy? 26 Oct •
- Healthcare stocks catch a cold. Time to sell? 25 Oct •
- David Bates 26 Oct •
- Elaine Darby 26 Oct •
- Mad About Money - Episode 75 26 Oct •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.
Economy Expert Craig James Investor signposts: November rate cut on the cards?