Dollar up from seven-week low
Published on: Monday, March 19, 2012
The Australian dollar dropped to a seven-week low on Thursday last week, but has since gained more than half a cent, thanks to increases in US equities late last week.
At 10am AEST this morning, the dollar was trading at 106.04 US cents. However, it is expected to fall following the release of Chinese housing data over the weekend.
New on Switzer
- Could Trump trump the Trump trade? 17 Jan •
- 5 things you need to know today 17 Jan •
- No place like home: Aussies stay put for longer 17 Jan •
- Can the 'Goldilocks' economy keep the bears away? 17 Jan •
- Why Hillary Clinton was very, very unlucky 12 Jan •
- Investor signposts: Jobs in focus 13 Jan •
- George Syrmalis 17 Jan •
- Angus Kidman 17 Jan •
- Charlie Lanchester 17 Jan •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.