Dollar up from seven-week low
Published on: Monday, March 19, 2012
The Australian dollar dropped to a seven-week low on Thursday last week, but has since gained more than half a cent, thanks to increases in US equities late last week.
At 10am AEST this morning, the dollar was trading at 106.04 US cents. However, it is expected to fall following the release of Chinese housing data over the weekend.
New on Switzer
- Stop whinging, believe in yourself and step up! 27 Feb •
- Trump and the Rooster 24 Feb •
- My take on the new Senate voting system 27 Feb •
- Investor Signposts: Bounce back expected for economy 24 Feb •
- Medicare: our God-given right? 23 Feb •
- Chris Rex 24 Feb •
- John Guscic 24 Feb •
- Shane Oliver 24 Feb •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.
Economy Expert Craig James Investor Signposts: Bounce back expected for economy