Dollar up from seven-week low
Published on: Monday, March 19, 2012
The Australian dollar dropped to a seven-week low on Thursday last week, but has since gained more than half a cent, thanks to increases in US equities late last week.
At 10am AEST this morning, the dollar was trading at 106.04 US cents. However, it is expected to fall following the release of Chinese housing data over the weekend.
New on Switzer
- Trump will be President! I cant believe I wrote this! 23 Sep •
- Should we be surprised by immigration poll? 23 Sep •
- Investor signposts: How cashed up are Aussies? 23 Sep •
- How to access hard-to-reach asset classes 22 Sep •
- 5 questions to ask before backing a start-up 22 Sep •
- Max Kimber SC 23 Sep •
- Shane Oliver 23 Sep •
- Rudi Filapek-Vandyck 23 Sep •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.