Dollar up from seven-week low
Published on: Monday, March 19, 2012
The Australian dollar dropped to a seven-week low on Thursday last week, but has since gained more than half a cent, thanks to increases in US equities late last week.
At 10am AEST this morning, the dollar was trading at 106.04 US cents. However, it is expected to fall following the release of Chinese housing data over the weekend.
New on Switzer
- Hold your breath. US vote could sink stocks! 24 Mar •
- Turnbull should be careful of compromise 24 Mar •
- Investor Signposts: The week ahead 24 Mar •
- Investing in Microcaps 23 Mar •
- Myth: BPA free is a safer alternative 23 Mar •
- Warren Chant 24 Mar •
- Shane Oliver 24 Mar •
- Rudi Filapek-Vandyck 24 Mar •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.