Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
New on Switzer
- No stuff-ups - one good week for the Government 30 Mar •
- Is Abbott hopeless or is his advice hopeless? 30 Mar •
- 3 reasons why anyone can DIY (and save thousands) 30 Mar •
- Investor signposts: week beginning 30 March 27 Mar •
- Clarkson and Smith shown red card 27 Mar •
- Tony, ignore the responsible. Spend and prosper! 27 Mar •