Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
New on Switzer
- What do the Americans and the Liberal Party have in common? 21 Apr •
- The bank of mum and dad 21 Apr •
- Until I say so, stock market dips are buyable! 21 Apr •
- The damaging health effects of pollution 20 Apr •
- 3 kinds of home loans you need to know about 20 Apr •
- I hope the PM is not paying too much for Textor's advice 20 Apr •