Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Mad About Money - Episode 66 24 Aug •
- Do the Government super changes hate old and young Aussies? 24 Aug •
- 5 things you need to know today 24 Aug •
- Investing in Gold Special – Kris Walesby 24 Aug •
- Are apartment prices set to plummet? 24 Aug •
- Was Pauline Hanson elected to a six-year term? Please explain 24 Aug •
- Julia Lee 24 Aug •
- Mark Fitzgibbon 24 Aug •
- Andrew Bassat 23 Aug •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.