Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Eat, love and pray for inflation! 26 Oct •
- 5 things you need to know today 26 Oct •
- Time to treat employers and employees like grown-ups 26 Oct •
- Is Healthscope a buy? 26 Oct •
- Healthcare stocks catch a cold. Time to sell? 25 Oct •
- Mad About Money - Episode 75 26 Oct •
- Napoleon Perdis 26 Oct •
- Nathan Bell 26 Oct •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.
Economy Expert Craig James Investor signposts: November rate cut on the cards?