Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Could Trump trump the Trump trade? 17 Jan •
- 5 things you need to know today 17 Jan •
- No place like home: Aussies stay put for longer 17 Jan •
- Can the 'Goldilocks' economy keep the bears away? 17 Jan •
- Why Hillary Clinton was very, very unlucky 12 Jan •
- Investor signposts: Jobs in focus 13 Jan •
- George Syrmalis 17 Jan •
- Angus Kidman 17 Jan •
- Charlie Lanchester 17 Jan •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.