Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- What’s wrong with the ABC’s Leigh Sales? 05 May •
- Property the big winner from ScoMo’s super slug 05 May •
- Stop the slogans 05 May •
- Banks lead Aust market slightly higher 05 May •
- How to find real income 05 May •
- The growing diabesity issue 05 May •
- Scott Morrison 05 May •
- Shane Oliver and Tom Seymour 05 May •
- Tom Goode 05 May •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.
Property Expert John McGrath Record numbers of property investors make a profit