Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Trump and the Rooster 24 Feb •
- Economy beware: here comes Tony Abbott! 24 Feb •
- Turnbull and Shorten face pressure 24 Feb •
- Investor Signposts: Bounce back expected for economy 24 Feb •
- Medicare: our God-given right? 23 Feb •
- Mad About Money - Episode 89 22 Feb •
- Adam Ferrier 23 Feb •
- Alison Watkins 23 Feb •
- Anthony Scali 23 Feb •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.
Economy Expert Craig James Investor Signposts: Bounce back expected for economy