Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Austria, Australia and Italy are threats to our wealth 05 Dec •
- 5 things you need to know today 05 Dec •
- Did Facebook help get Donald Trump elected? 05 Dec •
- 3 Aussie exporters succeeding overseas 02 Dec •
- Investor signposts: How fast is the economy growing? 02 Dec •
- Philip La Greca 05 Dec •
- Shane Oliver 02 Dec •
- David Murray 02 Dec •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.
Economy Expert Craig James Investor signposts: How fast is the economy growing?