Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
New on Switzer
- Attention Canberra, don't screw up this economic recovery! 29 May •
- Don't assume Labor support for pension changes 29 May •
- It's a long way to the top 29 May •
- AGL - cooking with gas! 28 May •
- Andrew Bolt is dead wrong but he should take my correction 28 May •
- US Dept of Justice gets tough on FIFA 28 May •