Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Labor looks after their supporters. Why is the Coalition devouring theirs? 25 May •
- Mad About Money - Episode 53 25 May •
- Is it time to short the big banks? 25 May •
- Flight Centre has its wings clipped 25 May •
- Why being underpaid is not always unlawful 25 May •
- Evan Lucas 25 May •
- Julie Heraghty and Ita Buttrose 25 May •
- Andrew Porter 24 May •