Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Grand finals aren't as important as Deutsche Bank's future! 30 Sep •
- 5 things you need to know today 30 Sep •
- Trump v Clinton: What will the outcome mean for Australia? 30 Sep •
- What is robo advice? 30 Sep •
- Investor signposts: Is a rate cut on the cards? 30 Sep •
- The Small-Cap Masterclass 27 Sep •
- John Walker 30 Sep •
- Ainslie van Onselen 30 Sep •
- Anthony Scali 30 Sep •
Get the latest financial, business, and political expert commentary delivered to your inbox.