Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
New on Switzer
- 9 things you need to know today 28 Aug •
- Don’t tell me good news could ruin this rally! 28 Aug •
- US stocks surge for second straight day 28 Aug •
- Aust market recovery continues on US lead 27 Aug •
- 9 things you need to know today 27 Aug •
- Wall Street passed the last-hour test with flying colours! 27 Aug •