Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- What’s more important, tax changes or the stock market sell-off? 15 Feb •
- US economy still has momentum 15 Feb •
- How to use the equity in your home 15 Feb •
- Volatility feeding itself 15 Feb •
- Headwinds or tailwinds? 09 Feb •
- 5 things you need to know today 15 Feb •
- Roger Montgomery 12 Feb •
- Rudi Filapek-Vandyck 12 Feb •
- Mark Hawthorne 12 Feb •