Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
New on Switzer
- Banks lift mortgage rates without widespread criticism. Why? 31 Mar •
- A bad week for the Turnbull Government 31 Mar •
- Is this the worst bunch of Aussie politicians ever? 31 Mar •
- Top tips for investing in retirement 31 Mar •
- Investor Signposts: RBA decides on interest rates 31 Mar •
- How do you find Doctor Right? 30 Mar •
- Malcolm Mackerras 31 Mar •
- Michael McCarthy 31 Mar •
- Fiona Dawson 30 Mar •