Australian dollar gains ahead of Chinese data
The Aussie dollar was higher this morning as the euro fell overnight and ahead of Chinese inflation figures to be released later today.
The dollar was trading at 103.04 US cents this morning, higher than its 102.90 US cents close yesterday. The euro, however, tumbled to a 16-month low.
Meanwhile, the Chinese producer prices data and consumer price index, two key sets of data in measuring inflation, are due for release at 12:30 AEDT today.
Published on: Thursday, January 12, 2012
New on Switzer
- Investor signposts - week beginning August 3 31 Jul •
- It’s been a great month for stocks. Did you see that coming? 31 Jul •
- Bronwyn is Labor's lucky break 31 Jul •
- BHP – the new income stock? 30 Jul •
- Every woman in Australia needs to read this to avoid super poverty 30 Jul •
- What's your excuse this time Tony? 30 Jul •