Upcoming economic and financial market events â week beginning 08/11/09
- Housing finance (September): New lending probably rose by five per cent in the month.
- Job advertisements (October): Job ads rose in September for the second straight month.
- NAB business survey (October): Business conditions are good but not great.
- Lending finance (September): Are businesses still cautious about taking on debt?
- Consumer sentiment (November): Confidence may have softened following the rate hike.
- Employment / Unemployment (Oct): Employment is tipped to have risen by 10,000.
- US Trade (September): A deficit near US$31.5 billion is tipped.
- US Consumer sentiment (November): A modest lift in the index from 70.6 to 71.5 is expected.
Important information:This content has been prepared without taking account of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular individual. It does not constitute formal advice. For this reason, any individual should, before acting, consider the appropriateness of the information, having regard to the individual’s objectives, financial situation and needs and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
Published on: Monday, November 09, 2009blog comments powered by Disqus
Today on Switzer
Political analyst Malcolm Mackerras joins the show from Canberra to talk about the odds of Tony Abbott being a 'oncer'. (Broadcast Wednesday 26 November 2014.)
Before Dr John Hewson was the leader of the Liberal party in the Keating era, he was a humble economist. He shares his views on the link between the economy and markets. (Broadcast Monday 25 November 2014.)
Surprise, surprise the gender pay gap still exists and there are far less women in management than men - who knew! Well a lot of people if they had been paying attention.
The PM is looking at backing down on some key Budget proposals to clear the decks before Christmas as the Aussie dollar fell 1% overnight on the back of comments from the deputy Reserve Bank governor.
In the wake of the Medibank IPO, Phil Ruthven of IBISWorld joins the show to talk about government privatisations. (Broadcast Monday 25 November 2014.)
Tom Chapman is co-founder and co-chief executive of MatchesFashion.com - one of the largest global high-end fashion online stores. He joins the show from London to talk about the company's success. (Broadcast Monday 25 November 2014.)